BedroomCandleCraftHomeIdeasInspirationMakingTeacupsVintage StyleWhat Charlestown MadeA Tea-cup Candle!
What Charlestown Made...
6 January 2012
I got this Teacup candle kit for Christmas from my parents, and only just got round to making it yesterday. I love teacups and saucers, as you can probably tell by now, and candles, so what's not to love?! The kit included everything you would need to make two candles, and the instructions were really easy to follow!
I didn't realise that it would be so simple to make, only involving melting the wax, and then pouring it into the cup; there aren't too many steps!
1) Bring half a saucepan of water to boil, and rest a bowl of wax in the saucepan, gently stirring till it is fully melted.
2) When wax is fully melted, dip the base of the wick into the wax, and quickly place in the bottom of the cup, waiting for it to fully dry.
3) Using a stainless steel spoon, transfer into a glass jug to then pour safely into your teacup.
4) Using two pencils, or chopsticks, hold the wick in place so that it is straight and central within the cup.
5) Wait for the wax to dry, for approximately 12 hours. Then light, and enjoy sat snuggled up with a book and cup of tea, or however you want!Happy New Year everyone!! Hope the year is lovely for you! I can't believe the first week of 2012 is nearly over, it's flown by. I'm going back to University on Sunday, so you can expect my outfit posts to be back up and running, and more frequently! I'm going to be posting my recent sale purchases tomorrow, with my new year's resolutions!
Love, Charlestown xoxo.
Follow Charlestown Vintage Follow with Bloglovin!