Home Details: Flamingos!
5 June 2015
I never thought I'd say this, but at the moment I just can't get enough of flamingos - but it seems that right now is the perfect time to get a little bit obsessed with the bright pink bird as they seem to be popping up everywhere! If you follow me on Instagram (@charlestown92) you will have seen my amazing new light bulb, complete with a miniature flamingo and palm tree inside, which I think may be my favourite thing at the moment! My mum bought a black flex and copper fitting for it and I'm planning to somehow screw it into my bell jar. If you've got any ideas, please let me know!
Don't you just think flamingos are the perfect icon for summer? They're so tropical and kitsch but not too tacky! I might treat myself to the cocktail sticks for summer BBQs and I also so badly want to get my hands on the Flamingo float from Lark but it's very out of my price range, but the hot pink version from Prezzybox is just as cute!
1. Pair of Flamingos, from Rose & Grey - £26
2. 5 Flamingo Candles, from Topshop - £11.50
3. Prince's Trust Flamingo Cushion, from George at Asda - £7
4. Pink Inflatable Flamingo, from Lark - $89.95
5. Monogrammed Flamingo Water Bottle, from Karion Designs via etsy - £23.50+
6. Flamingo 'Rapido' Notepad, from Rifle Paper Co. via Holly's House - £6.50
7. Flamingo Fairy Lights, from Dotcomgiftshop.com - £14.95
8. Flamingo & Palm Tree Light Bulb, from Temerity Jones via Lisa Angel - £8
9. 'Playa' Flamingo Cover Up Dress, from Kate Spade - £100
10. Flamingo Tea Pot- £66 & Flamingo Teacup and Saucer - £32, both from Lou Rata London via notonthehighstreet.com
11. Flamingo iPhone 6 Case, from Kate Spade - £30
12. Flamingo Tea Light Holder, from Matthew Williamson via Debenhams - £14.80
13. Flamingo Cocktail Sticks, from Rockett St George - £2.50
14. Flamingo Print, from Frost + Dutch via notonthehighstreet.com - £20
15. Hot Pink Flamingo Pool Float, from Prezzybox - £23.95
16. Flamingo Print, from Paper Planes, via notonthehighstreet.com - £16.75
17. Flamingo Cushions, from Graham and Green - £60
What do you think about the flamingo trend? Is there any key piece I've missed out - I'd love to see it if so!